Phoenix Suns Notable Injuries
Phoenix hasn’t had the best luck this season, with several players either out for the foreseeable future or have missed considerable time due to injury.
- Devin Booker is out until late January with a groin injury and has already missed a dozen games. Phoenix is 2-10 when Booker doesn’t suit up, and the team’s leading scorer hasn’t played since taking the court for 4 minutes on Christmas Day.
- Chris Paul has missed 15 games this season and is listed as questionable for Wednesday’s matchup with the Golden State Warriors. Phoenix is 9-6 when Paul is out of the lineup, but he provides a veteran presence on the floor and is the Suns’ top playmaker.
- Cameron Johnson has missed 33 games this season with various ailments and is listed as out until mid-January with a knee injury.
- Cameron Payne is listed as out until the end of January with a foot injury. Payne had missed 13 games this season and played a huge role in several Suns’ victories when Paul missed 13 games in December.
- Jae Crowder hasn’t played a minute this season and is listed as indefinitely out with a personal issue.
Can the Phoenix Suns win more than 44.5 games?
No, the Phoenix Suns won’t likely win Over 44.5 games (-105 FanDuel).
Phoenix is 2-10 when Booker doesn’t suit up, and he’ll likely miss up to 10 more games, and the Suns will have a brutal January. Phoenix is 7-14 as the away team and has January road games with Denver, Minnesota, Memphis, and San Antonio and closes the month with six home games they will likely struggle in without Booker.
Phoenix can and probably will reach the playoffs, but they weren’t playing well when fully healthy, and winning Over 44.5 games will be a stretch. Take Under 44.5 games -105 at FanDuel.
Can the Phoenix Suns win the NBA Pacific Division?
Yes, the Phoenix Suns can win the Pacific Division, and +250 at FanDuel is a good bet.
Phoenix may not win Over 44.5 games, but they can still win the Pacific Division. The Suns are 1.5 games behind the Sacramento Kings for the top spot in the Pacific and 7-0 this season against their division rivals.
Phoenix doesn’t have a single game against the Pacific Division for the rest of January and should get Booker back when their division schedule begins again on February 14 against Sacramento. The Suns have the highest point differential in the Pacific; winning the division is a good bet.
Can the Phoenix Suns win the NBA Western Conference?
Yes, the Phoenix Suns could win the NBA Western Conference in 2023.
Phoenix is currently the 7th seed in the West, and +600 to win at FanDuel is another good bet to make.
The Suns are where they are in the standings because they’ve missed Booker in the lineup. He should return sometime towards the end of January and have an 18-10 record against their Western Conference foes. Phoenix is 4th in points differential, and there’s no reason to believe a healthy Phoenix side can’t win the Western Conference.
The Suns lead the conference in the assist-to-turnover margin (1.90), 6th in rebound percentage, and 4th in defensive efficiency. Phoenix is undervalued due to their bad luck with injuries, but they will get healthy, and +600 to win the West is a smart bet to make.
Can the Phoenix Suns win the NBA Championship?
No, the Phoenix Suns won’t likely win the 2023 NBA championship.
Getting to the ‘ship is one thing, winning is another, and Phoenix +1400 is too low a price for a side that’s 3-11 against the Eastern conference overall and 3-4 against the East this season with Booker in the lineup.
Five teams from the East boast a higher point differential than Phoenix, and seven Eastern conference teams have higher defensive efficiency ratings. Five teams from the right side of the country have better Net ratings and wagering on Phoenix to win it all is currently a bad move to make.